- Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, managed by Elena Alexandrovna Krasnokutskaya, Head of N.M. Kizhner's Scientific and Educational Center, Engineering School of New Production Technologies, +7 (3822) 706349; +7 (3822) 701777 x 1487; Building No. 2, office 309, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The program provides training for biotechnological engineers – unique specialists in their field. Masters are able to conduct research work, expanded by the competencies of production and technological activities.
The graduates focus on microorganisms, cell cultures of animals and plants, viruses, enzymes, biologically active chemicals; devices and equipment for the study of their properties; biomass, installations and equipment for biotechnological processes; quality control of raw materials, semi-finished products and finished products; regulations for the production of biotechnology products, international standards.
Students attend lectures delivered by leading experts, work in laboratories equipped with modern equipment. Production practices are held at large specialized operational facilities.
The training program includes the study of general scientific and general professional disciplines, special modules, and professional English.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
You will be able to:
- study, obtain and apply enzymes, viruses, microorganisms, cell cultures of animals and plants, products of their biosynthesis and biotransformation;
- create technologies for generating new types of products, including products obtained using microbiological synthesis, biocatalysis, genetic engineering and nanobiotechnology;
- develop scientific and technical documentation and technological regulations for the production of biotechnological products;
- implement biotechnological processes in compliance with the requirements of legislative and regulatory national and international acts;
- organize and carry out quality control of raw materials, intermediate products and finished products.
What else you need to know
- classes are held in the laboratories of N.M. Kizhner's SEC of TPU Engineering School of New Production Technologies, which are fitted with modern equipment;
- classrooms equipped with demonstration equipment, and training laboratories fitted with modern equipment for synthesis and research are used for classes (gas chromatograph-mass spectrometer Agilent 7890A with mass-selective detector Agilent 5975C, IR-Fourier spectrometer Spectrum BXII, high-performance liquid chromatograph Agilent 1120 Compact LC, UV spectrometer SF-102, ultrasonic disperser IL 10-1.0, multiprocessor workstation, computer class based on Intel workstations Core Duo, application software packages);
- training process is supported by up-to-date equipment of TPU Scientific and Analytical Center (gas chromatograph-mass spectrometer TRACE DSQ, IR-Fourier spectrometer Nicolet 5700, with a single NIP prefix complete with ZnSe and Ge crystals, X-ray-fluorescence spectrometer Quant'X, combined TGA/DSC / DTA analyzer SDT Q600, atomic emission spectrometer with inductively coupled plasma iCAP6300 Duo).