Photonic Technologies and Lighting Engineering, managed by Elena Fedorovna Polisadova, Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Professor of the Materials Science Department, +7 (3822) 701777 x 2684, Building No. 16B, office 244, firstname.lastname@example.org
Program for training specialists in lighting design, estimation of optoelectronic devices, optical materials science and optical methods of analysis, laser technologies for applied and scientific purposes.
The training program allows you to choose a professional path: specialization in laser technology, optical spectrometry, scientific research of optical materials science and the interaction of radiation with matter; specialization in the design of lighting installations, modeling of lighting systems, calculation and design of optoelectronic devices and lighting devices.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
You will learn to:
- simulate the operation of optoelectronic and lighting devices, select numerical modeling methods, develop new or select ready-made algorithms for solving issues;
- develop and implement photonic and optical technologies, methods of quality control of materials and products, prepare test programs for lighting and optical devices, photonic materials;
- develop and design individual components and lighting blocks, irradiation, optoelectronic, laser equipment, fiber-optic, optical, optoelectronic, laser systems and complexes, lighting and irradiation installations for various purposes;
- apply up-to-date element base of electrical engineering, electronics and microprocessor technology in the development and design of optical and lighting systems, devices, parts and components of optical equipment;
- perform research and development work in the area of optical instrumentation, LED lighting, optical materials and technologies, develop experimental research programs, perform optical, photometric and electrical measurements.
What else you need to know
- Under the academic exchange programs, students can study at the Berlin University of Technology, the University of Grenoble, the University of Southampton, Lappeenranta University of Technology (Finland), and take internships at the Chongqing University of Arts and Science (China);
- TPU is a member of the Photonics Development Consortium.