Training program Industrial Design, managed by Vadim Alexandrovich Seryakov, Candidate of Technical Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Automation and Robotics, +7 (3822) 701777 x 4407, Building No. 16А, office 209, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Modern industrial design, along with the visual image, text and space, embraces such realities as movement, time, interactivity, and uses more and more diverse means of economical and cultural communication.
The program encourages students to seek, develop and apply new approaches in the design of durables, capital goods, transport, packaging, furniture for home, office, public spaces, etc.
In the process of training, graduate students can engage in research and development under real-life conditions, creating a unique experience of a user-product interaction for the future consumer.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
You will be able to:
- develop original designs and industrial products samples (household appliances, production units, land and air transport, high-tech science-intensive products);
- develop and support the industrial design of a product and the main stages of its implementation as a startup;
- apply 3D and 4D printing technologies to develop conceptual, experimental and innovative products.
What else you need to know
Сlassrooms and lecture halls with modern computers and multimedia equipment as well as an Industrial Design Center and a 3D modeling laboratory are available for students;
- The program includes technologies of computer graphics, modeling, and animation in the following software packages: Autodesk 3Ds Max, Autodesk AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor, Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw.
- To ensure the educational process, a TPU supercomputer cluster, a 3D-visualization installation, workshops equipped with machine tools, 3D-printers (powder and with plastic filament) are used.